Mark scheme for the coursework
- 60 for construction of trailer
- 20 for research and planning
- 20 evaluation (evaluation needs to be written formally and sophisticated not like an essay)
The evaluation could include powerpoints,surveys and needs to have discussions perhaps audience feeback on specific parts of the trailer. Would work well as one body of writing and then several links to other things e.g powerpoints, websites. The evaluation questions will be as followed:
- In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real products
- How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts (ancillary text means your poster and magazine design)
- What have you learned from audience feedback? (could use videos here to make discussions on your feedback)
- How did you use media technolgies in the construction and research, planning and evaluating stages
50 % of your exam is based on a therotical evaluation of production. In other words half the exam requires you to reflect on your coursework
Section A – Therotical evaluation of production
– requires us to describe and evaluate their skills development over the course from AS/A level digitial technology, creativity, research and planning, using the normal conventions and from real media text.
– the question b requires canditates to select one production and evaluate it in relation to media concept. The list of concepts to which questions will relate as follows.
The five that i need to be thinking about are genre, narrative, representation, audience and Media language.